Fleet Recruitment is proud to be recruiting for an outstanding car rental provider who requires an experienced Fleet maintenance Controller in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
With a reputation for delivering outstanding service to clients and for their investment in their people, this is a rare opportunity to join a truly outstanding business.
Essentially this role is a poacher turned gamekeeper! You will help our client by policing the labour hours, rates, parts discounts, costs and necessity of mechanical maintenance, servicing and repairs quoted by garages and franchised dealership’s service departments. If you know every trick in the book, you are probably perfect!
But it’s more than that of course. You need to be able to offer excellent advice and guidance to vehicle users, deliver brilliant customer service and professionally manage the relationship with the servicing supply chain.
The role of a Fleet Controller involves the following:
- Supporting drivers who call with mechanical issue, offering and providing advice and support and signposting them to a supplier who can fix the problem
- Liaising with garages across the UK to police and authorise cost control for mechanical repairs and maintenance of vehicles that are out on hire
- Authorising expenditure depending on levels of repairs required
- Periodically requesting proof of repairs from suppliers in the supplier network
- Ensuring all warranty claims are pursued by franchised dealerships and that manufacturer good-will is sought
- Answer incoming calls regarding maintenance issues or service provider queries, ensuring excellent customer service is provided at all times
For the role of Fleet Controller our client is looking for the following experience:
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent in Motor Mechanics (desirable)
- Or – Front line service reception experience in which you have gained extensive knowledge that could be put to great use in the above.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Good PC skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Packages
- A great understanding of the vehicle leasing industry
- Workload planning
- General administration
- Excellent customer service skills
For the position of Fleet Controller our client is offering a basic salary of £18 to £24,000 plus an excellent benefits package. As business driven by values and highly regarded for their investment in people, employee recognition and development you can expect a very supportive environment and none of the politics and challenges that are typical in a franchised dealer environment.
If you feel you have the right experience, use the link below to apply for this vacancy or contact us today on 01325 313184 for more detailed information. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not for you? Refer a friend who you think would be interested in this position and we will pay you a referral fee as a thank you if they are successful.