Our client is a leading and multi award winning manufacturer in the automotive supply chain. Their development of personnel is second to none and staff retention is outstanding. They provide an excellent working environment along with a host of benefits including 25 day holidays (plus statutory), attendance bonuses and an annual performance bonus. The business is financially stable and has significant contracts that will see them grow turnover by £25m in the next few years. The location is easy to get to and there is plenty of free staff parking available.
Due to business growth our client requires a Quality Assurance Engineer.
To ensure quality standards are met protecting our client and their customers from expensive quality concerns. The successful applicant needs to have excellent interpersonal skills and a very high level of attention to detail.
· To inspect and measure components to ensure specification and frequency stated on PQF document. To record accurate information and liaise between production staff and quality engineers if concerns arise. Has the authority to stop process when non-conforming product is being produced.
· Help with investigations by creating and gathering raw data and displaying in a manner in which analysis is simplified and easy to understand.
· To provide support in the event of customer concerns or any request by customers for on line analysis.
· To conduct Warranty analysis.
· Conduct routine process checks and carry out data collection to enable monitoring of various processes.
· To contribute to continuous improvement activities.
· Carry out ongoing quality checks ensuring that the correct procedures required by our client and the customer are followed.
· Ensure that the correct standard operating procedures are followed at the start and end of all production runs.
· Ensure good quality standard operation sheets are available for all processes and that these are followed by all employees.
· Understand and ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures and ensure all necessary documentation is completed.
· To be familiar and competent use with fundamental measuring equipment and principles such as Calliper, shadow graph, colour evaluation and the use of checking fixtures and other gauging.
· Competent with the basic principles of statistical process control (SPC).
· To carry out any other relevant duties as required by the business.
· Automotive industry experience
· Manufacturing experience
· Engineering Background
· Good organisation and interpersonal skills
· Quality control experience